Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
Join us in Jesus’ footsteps!
‘A deeply inspiring journey through the sacred landscape of peace, joy and Divine love.’
2021 APRIL – DATE TO BE CONFIRMED!
A pilgrimage with Ananda is an unforgettable experience, made up of deep attunement, inspiring spiritual practices, joyful chanting and sharing. With Ananda, you are much more than a tourist or a pilgrim: you are part of a spiritual family that includes members and friends from Ananda centres around the world.
Yogananda writes in his Autobiography of a Yogi about his pilgrimage to the Holy Land in 1935, ‘Wandering day after day over the Holy Land, I was more than ever convinced of the value of pilgrimage. The spirit of Christ is all-pervasive in Palestine; I walked reverently by his side at Bethlehem, Gethsemane, Calvary, the holy Mount of Olives, and by the River Jordan and the Sea of Galilee. Our little party visited the Birth Manger, Joseph’s carpenter shop, the tomb of Lazarus, the house of Martha and Mary, the hall of the Last Supper. Antiquity unfolded; scene by scene, I saw the divine drama that Christ once played for the ages.’
Visit the Basilica of the Annunciation in Nazareth and the Church of St. Joseph, and the ancient synagogue where Jesus announced that he was the Messiah
The Sea of Galilee (Lake Tiberias)
Where Jesus chose some of his disciples and addressed the crowd from the boat, calmed the storm and appeared to his disciples after the resurrection
The places of Jesus
- Tabgha, The Church of the Multiplication of the Loaves and the place where the third encounter of Jesus with his disciples happened
- Cafernao, where Jesus preached and performed many miracles
- Mount of Beatitudes, where Jesus gave the Sermon on the Mount
- Mount Tabor, a place of retreat and contemplation, the holy mountain, with the Basilica of the Transfiguration of Jesus
- Mount Carmel, where Elijah challenged the priests of Baal, with a cave dedicated to the memory of the prophet Elijah and a shrine dedicated to the Virgin of Carmel
- The Jordan River, where John baptized Jesus
- The Dead Sea, 416 m. below sea level
- Qumran, where the Dead Sea Scrolls were found in 1946 and which was the location of the spiritual community of the Essenes
- Jericho, Mount of Temptation
- Bethlehem, the Shepherds’ Field and the Church of the Nativity
Visit the Old City of Jerusalem, the Western Wall (the most important place in Judaism, sometimes referred to as the ‘Wailing Wall’), the Temple Mount with the El-Aqsa mosque and the Dome of the Rock (cannot be visited inside), the Jaffa gate, Mount Zion, the room of the cenacle, the tomb of David and the church of the Dormition of Mary. We will have the opportunity to pray in the church of St. Anna and the pool of Bethesda where Jesus healed the paralytic. Other highlights are the meditation in the Garden of Gethsemane on the Mount of Olives and our journey along the Way of the Cross (Via Dolorosa), arriving at the Basilica of the Holy Sepulchre.
WHERE WE STAY
Golden Crown Old City Nazareth – Golan Hotel Tiberias – Oasis Hotel Gerico – Sergei Palace Jerusalem
The following fees are a close approximation, based on the information we have at hand (€1 = $1.13). Due to possible fluctuations in the exchange rate and in the cost of oil, which affect costs of flights and other transportation, as well as hotel accommodations, these fees might change slightly.
Accommodation in double room, with no flight: ca. €1750.00
Supplement for single room: ca. €575.00
Advance payment by bank transfer by September 10th, balance by October 10th, 2019.
The price includes:
- Assistance on arrival and departure by our local staff
- Air-conditioned GT bus for the duration of the tour
- Accommodation as mentioned above in a double room with bath
- Half board from dinner on the first day to breakfast on the last day
- Local guide for the duration of the tour
- All required entrance fees
- Boat ride on the Sea of Galilee
The price does not include:
- Flight to Tel Aviv (there will be a group flight)
- Tips of € 40 need to be paid upon arrival to cover all restaurants, porters, tour guides etc,
- Personal expenses and anything not mentioned
For information, you can write to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Arjuna 393 9650534.
For more information about our pilgrimages, call:
Arjuna +39 393 9650534 or Gopala +39 328 9033995
or write to us on:
Ask for more information
To sign up or for further information please fill out the contact form below:
Travel with us on Facebook
Find updated information of our recent pilgrimages on our Facebook page 'In viaggio con Ananda' with pictures, reviews, videos and news!